Labels

Monday, October 25, 2010

Yes, there is a Coco in my life

This is Coco.  She's my hand-me-down dog from my previous neighbor.  She has issues too. When we cleaned house we found her stash of bones in every corner of the rooms she could get in. Bones were under blankets, in between couch cushions, the stairs and in my mini-shag carpet (this is on the "to replace" list).  Coco was "absent" during the filming process because she's not so nice around men and needs boot camp to help her overcome her "naughty dog" habits. As soon as she set paw in the house she went crazy looking for her bones.  She raced through the house, circling round and round, sniffing the perimeter of my 1100 sq. ft. house.  She dug up my newly made bed looking for buried bones in the depths of my deep-pocketed sheets, nosed around under my bed, and sniffed down the cat over and over, as if she pocketed all of the milk bones we owned, and was holding them ransom.  Little did I know, Coco had a stash in the back yard. The combination of snow in the morning and sun in the afternoon made for a lovely mix of mud on the carpet, along with a perfectly seasoned knotted-rawhide bone that she was given the previous December.  Bones kept showing up day after day and she was putting in twice the amount of effort tucking them in the corners of the furniture and under my pillows.  There is nothing better than finding a freshly chewed up rawhide bone under the pillow while being growled at by your own dog.
Coco is now hoarding milk bones.  She saves them in a pile next to "her" chair and eats them when I get home from work.  She gets one bone in the morning when I leave and one when I get home.  Her latest trick was stealing bones from the cookie jar- she never even though of doing this before. She can't even drink out of the toilet, how was she getting to her jar? She misses her old stash of assorted flavors of bones.

Coco needs her rest- this is how I find her when I get home from work. 



One of Mira's favorite phrases to say as a 2 year old was "Coco Loco"- I couldn't agree more.  This is what you get when you mix a Dachshund and a Jack Russell Terrier. 

1 comment:

  1. You get "The TURD!" Haha I absolutely love how you are writing these stories on your blog. Keep it up, even though I already know these stories I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete