Labels

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ta-da...Transformation!

When I bought my house just over 3 years ago I had imagined a perfect art studio/craft room in the 2nd bedroom. As I moved in, switched jobs and started teaching at a public, year-round school, the "getting organized" part never took place. Three years later I couldn't even walk in the room. It was a disaster area, yet I knew what was in there, at times went crawling over the top of for the important things, and tried to ignore the mess (it's hard to do this when the door won't shut!). This was also when I knew I was hitting my all time low and luckily I was okay about going back to a therapist on my own before I was turned over to Hoarders!


A big part of my life has been art and crafting.  I've had supplies for this since pre-school- it's all I ever wanted for gifts throughout elementary.  I also have an undergraduate art degree.  I have a craft hoard- sure it's been thinned down, but I'm still working on this.  I'm going to be selling a bunch of these items (which are all new) on etsy when I get my shop up.  My first goal was to get this art studio/craft room in place.  I knew if I could get back to the "art part" of my life, I'd feel a bit like myself again, and recognize why I love creating.
Fast forward....after the room was emptied and bare, including the carpet, I went to work with Kate.


I had bought the paint 12 months prior thinking I would be able to get it done the summer before (I have such high expectations- though not always realistic). I even paid full price at Lowe's for this particular Waverly color rather than settling for the $5 oops gallons!  IKEA was the best choice for the type of desk and counter tops I needed (some were even in the "AS-IS" section) and the flooring is actually one 16'x11' piece of vinyl.  I had tried bamboo flooring, but soon found that the foundation was not level and the builders choose not to make it plumb when pouring the concrete.  This project kept my summer going, kept me happy, and is finally done!






Yes, everything is organized and has a home.



No comments:

Post a Comment