Labels

Sunday, October 24, 2010

$$$ Consignment Cash $$$

One of my favorite places to consign my "goods" is at Emilie Jayne in Salt Lake City on the corner of 800 E. and 800 S. housed in an old grocery store.  I've been going here ever since Jayne opened the store years ago to shop and consign items.  Anyhow- when going through my collection of Pyrex, Glassbake, and Fireware milkglass (white baking pans, bowls, etc.) I had a difficult time letting it go and imagining it sitting in the 1-800-JUNK truck.  I held on to them for the summer and couldn't find a good way to display them and decided to consign them.  I kept 3 out of the 50 pieces and brought the rest to Jayne to sell at her store.  The majority of the pieces were vintage and were all in complete sets.  Being a hoarder, I had spent countless hours scouting second hand stores to complete these sets over a period of 5 years.  After a short mourning period, I parted with the dishes, along with 2 boxes of "stuff" on September 4th. 
All of my goods that I dropped off have sold in less than 2 months and I have a little over $200 to add to the bank account for the home improvement fund!  Yahoo!

Check out these links below to see what the store looks like and have written about Emilie Jayne .
Vintage Mixer
Your Heart Out

 

No comments:

Post a Comment