Labels

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Not So Sweet Home

I've had the house for 5.9 years. I have a love/ hate relationship with it.
I love the air conditioning unit and the insulation that the ceiling has to keep my electricity bill low in the winter and summer months.
 I hate that I have yet to finish painting the upstairs (there is still green painters tape along the walls and ceiling) because I have yet to choose a color that I love.
I never eat at my kitchen table.  I can count the amount of times this has occurred on my hands over the past 5 years.  It is currently holding craft projects, cook books, place mats, napkins, and office supplies. It's a nice table.  I am fortunate enough that the boyfriend lives around the corner and I'm a fixture in his home and have my own key.
I also have some super pieces of furniture and they are hidden and unused.  Pathetic.  I kept my favorite pieces when I did the major clean out.
I have this picture in my head of what would be  "perfect" and it has yet to come to fruition.
I love the high ceiling upstairs and how the garden level basement stays cool and has full size windows.
Unfortunately the hates outweigh the loves.
I keep telling myself that if I finish the house and make it a home, I'll love it.
I have the tile for the bathrooms, the vanities, the kitchen cabinets, hardware, new stove and more.
Deep down inside I think it's because I know the boyfriend dislikes my house and it's not right for the 2 of us.
His house is a much better fit.
I also had a dog who lives here who likes to sleep in my bed. Retraining a rescue dog (who was left to die in a rolled up carpet) to sleep in a crate was unsuccessful when she came to me.
My house is lonely, which is why it's not "cute", and not yet a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment