Labels

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Moving on

Junk mail is an enemy of mine.  I do have a spot to put it, right inside the door, onto of a shoe rack/ table.  There's even s cute vintage metal basket for it.  The basket gets full, overflows, I get overwhelmed and leave. An outlet would be super- I could shred the junk right then and there.  A filing system for the papers that I should keep is a bit out of order is also something I could improve. I put the papers in files, and then I never look at them again. The round file has become my favorite. I'm trying to make a habit of making sure that all the junk mail is brought out weekly and that the true junk is in the trash/recycling the day if arrives.

I also hate taking out the trash and cleaning the litter box (lucky for me that it is spring and the cat loves going outside). So that would mean I hate doing chores.  I would much rather do the dishes and mow the lawn.  This is why the boyfriend and I need to live together.

I'm reached the point that I'm over my house.  I'm going to finish the projects I need to get done, put the good stuff in storage and sell it.  I like my craft room, tall ceilings, fenced in yard, and low heat, electric and air conditioning bills.  I long for a driveway, my own garbage cans, a garage and a space that the boyfriend would like/love to be at. 

The 6 year-old already offered up a place in her room for me and informed me that Grampy (my dad) would let me live at the house because I'm family. I'm not going to inform my dad of this until I make the final choice.  He still lives in the childhood home I grew up in and has tons of room.  The dog and cat would come along.

Now I just need to bust my butt and get this show on the road.

I'll be tracking the progress through pictures. Accomplishing this goal is a must.




1 comment:

  1. A shredder by the front door is a great idea. Damn that junk mail! Good luck with tying up loose ends with the house. You have a whole summer ahead of you to put your plan into action! Don't get overwhelmed - one thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete